Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Why is Customer Service so Important

Are you forgettable?


Today I needed to do a smog test for my car. I went to a location. I asked the guy how much it was. He replied "$70". I said "The guy that sent me said it was $50". He replied "well asked him to pay the $20 difference". I asked how much it was in case I don't pass the test and I had to come back. He replied $30. So he wanted $100, he was not friendly, rude for sure. So I left and brought my business somewhere else. This guy will keep being miserable as he has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. 


To all of you business owners I wonder how many of you have hired someone for his/her exceptional customer service skills. I also wonder how much training and education you have given your employees, so they exceed during customer interactions. I highly doubt any of you have hired any of your employees on those MOST IMPORTANT SKILLS. Without the SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, your business won't last for ever. There is no way you can compete with other businesses in your industry if your customer service is not SUPERIOR TO OTHERS. There is well too much competition, and people go online and check your rating. They compare your reviews to others in your industry.


Your employees who interact with customers all day long should be TRAINED TO DELIVER UNPARALLELED EXPERIENCE, so the customers REMEMBER your company's EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you fail in that area, you will just be another business among many others in town. FORGETTABLE!


WHAT DIFFERENTIATES YOU FROM YOUR COMPETITION?


What is your UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITION? How long do you think it will take future businesses to take over your clients, because you do not accentuate on your customer service delivery?


Andre Plessis
Restaurant & Hospitality Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment